Call for Participants
PSi Summer School #3.5
excursions / seminars / workshops / performances / networking
July 5-11, 2020
The PSi Future Advisory Board calls for applications to PSi’s third summer school to coincide with PSi #26 in Rijeka, Croatia. PSi Summer School #3.5 will bring together emerging scholars, artists, and activists over the course of seven days and in an intensive series of activities directed at thinking through, working with, and creating anew pressing issues and rising trends in performance studies. As with our previous summer schools, the interval ‘.5’ in the title is a gesture to the temporality in which the summer school happens, in between conferences, but also, and perhaps more centrally, to the fertility of the unfinished, the incomplete, and the “not yet here” (Muñoz 2009). This edition will, therefore, take the themes of Elasticity (PSi #25 Calgary) and Crises of Care: act respond engage (PSi #26 Rijeka) as the frame for our discussions. Further details will be available in the coming months.
Summer School #3.5 will take place two full days prior to the PSi conference, on July 5 and 6, then extend and integrate into the PSi conference streams from July 7-11. This schedule will allow opportunity for participants to fully commit to Summer School activities and also to attend the PSi conference. Priority acceptance will be given to those committed to attending all Summer School events before and during the conference.
Please direct inquiries and interest to PSi Future Advisory Board: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Future Advisory Board (FAB) is a PSi initiative that aims to bring together graduate students and early career scholars and artists worldwide and increase visibility of the diversity of Performance Studies. We strive to foster an environment that is anti-racist, unsettling, queer, feminist, creative, and intersectional, and that priorotizes diversity, accessibility, and inclusivity.
Current members are Anna Kimmel, Asher Warren, Azadeh Sharifi, and Natalia Esling.
For more information about FAB and previous summer schools go to https://psi-futurists.org/archive/.
- Current graduate students, recent PhD graduates (last 3 years) including post-doctoral researchers and junior faculty, independent scholars and artists are welcome to apply.
- Participants should be able to commit to the entire program including the pre-conference days.
- Applicants must be current PSi Members and will need to register for the conference.
In order to apply, please submit the following materials by January 17, 2020 to email@example.com (email subject line – Surname/FABSSCall, File Format – DOC/DOCX/PDF):
- One page CV/resume
- Personal Statement (no more than 500 words)
- Proof of PSi membership
Join OUR TEAM
The Future Advisory Board (FAB) of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks 2 additional board members.
The new board members will serve for three conference cycles – PSi#26 Rijeka in 2020, PSi#27 in 2021, and PSi#28 in 2022 – with organizational work to begin January 1, 2020.
The new board members will join existing board members in intensive collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities that will further bring together graduate students and early career scholars and artists worldwide and increase the visibility of the diversity of performance studies.
FAB meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
· Current PSi members;
· An emerging artist, graduate student, or junior faculty member within three years of receiving a terminal degree;
· Available via digital communications for regular meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this could entail a Skype meeting once per week);
· Willing to engage with collaborative and collective creative and intellectual processes;
· Committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of junior and emerging scholars and artists.
Those interested should nominate themselves to the board by submitting a CV and a cover letter that details reasons for wanting to join the board, availability for upcoming conferences, and ideas for forwarding the aims and ideals of PSi and FAB.
Self-nominations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a short Skype interview. All inquiries are welcome.