SKIP TO CONTENT
Join OUR TEAM
The Future Advisory Board (FAB) of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks 2 additional board members.
The new board members will serve for three conference cycles — PSi#25 Calgary in 2019, PSi#26 in 2020, and PSi#27 in 2021 — starting to work with the current ongoing FAB members from February 2019.
The new board members will join existing board members (Asher Warren, Azadeh Sharifi, Areum Jeong, Yiota Demetriou) in intensive collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities that will further bring together graduate students and early career scholars and artists worldwide and increase the visibility of the diversity of performance studies.
FAB meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
- current PSi members;
- an emerging artist, graduate student, or junior faculty member within three years of receiving a terminal degree;
- available via digital communications for regular meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this could entail a Skype meeting once per week);
- willing to engage with collaborative and collective creative and intellectual processes; and
- committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of junior and emerging scholars and artists.
Those interested should nominate themselves to the board by submitting a CV and one-page cover letter that details reasons for wanting to join the board, availability for upcoming conferences, and ideas for forwarding the aims and ideals of PSi and FAB, with an emphasis on individual contributions to FAB.
Self-nominations should be emailed to email@example.com by December 31, 2018 (Email subject line: FAB Nominations, File format: DOC/DOCX/PDF).
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a short Skype interview in mid-January 2019. All inquiries are welcome.
Call for Participants
PSi Summer School #2.5
Performances, seminars, and workshops
July 2-7, 2019
The PSi Future Advisory Board calls for applications to PSi’s third summer school to coincide with PSi #25 in Calgary, Canada. PSi Summer School #2.5 will bring together scholars, artists, and activists over the course of six days and in an intensive series of activities directed at thinking through, working with, and creating anew pressing issues and rising trends in performance studies. As with our previous summer schools, the interval ‘.5’ in the title is a gesture to the temporality in which the summer school happens, in between conferences, but also, and perhaps more centrally, to the fertility of the unfinished, the incomplete, and the “not yet here” (Muñoz 2009). This edition will, therefore, take the themes of Network (PSi #24 Daegu) and Elasticity (PSi #25 Calgary) as the frame for our discussions. Further details will be available in the coming months.
Please direct inquiries and interest to PSi Future Advisory Board: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Future Advisory Board (FAB) is a PSi initiative that aims to bring together graduate students and early career scholars and artists worldwide and increase visibility of the diversity of Performance Studies.
- Current graduate students, recent PhD graduates (last 3 years) including post-doctoral researchers and junior faculty, independent scholars and artists are welcome to apply.
- Participants should be able to commit to the entire program including the pre-conference days.
- Applicants must be current PSi Members and will need to register for the conference.
In order to apply, please submit the following materials by March 1st, 2019 to email@example.com (email subject line – Surname/FABSSCall, File Format – DOC/DOCX/PDF):
- One page CV/resume
- Personal Statement (no more than 500 words)
- Proof of PSi membership